Private. Trustworthy. Effective.
Marriage/relationship therapy is for couples who are: dating, engaged, newly-weds, long-time married, new parents, facing difficult life changes, and those looking to amicably dissolve their partnership.
John Gottman [world-renowned researcher on marital stability and divorce prediction, and author of best-selling relationship self-help books including The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work] says the lack of adequate repair following an argument is the biggest contributor to marital unhappiness and divorce.
Marriage/relationship counseling with Alison
repairs your relationship by focusing on emotion regulation and constructive communication skills to resolve problems new and old.
Unfortunately, we aren’t formally schooled on how to cultivate and communicate in a healthy, romantic relationship. This leaves us with a deficient skill set and uninformed approaches that promote damaging interactions with your partner.
Make your relationship changes easier, focused, efficient, and effective. Book your appointment today.
Efficacy of couples therapy
is dependent upon the level of motivation and commitment of both partners, as well as their preparedness to acknowledge and understand their own roles in the relationship.
As your therapist, I learn about and assess your relationship, school you with this insight, and help you learn skills and use tools** that allow you to thoroughly love and appreciate your relationship again.
**(these are NOT TIME CONSUMING, and ARE EASILY IMPLEMENTED and therefore SUSTAINABLE)
- Feeling disconnected from your partner?
- Feeling easily enraged in communication with your significant other?
- Committed to staying in your relationship but feel at a loss for how to improve your connection?
- Struggling to address issues like finances, parenting, scheduling and chores calmly and effectively?
- Not sure you still love or want to stay with your partner?
- Recognizing red flags in your relationship but aren’t sure what to do about them?
- Loving your partner but the spark and excitement is gone?
- Are you and/or your partner conflict avoidant?
- Engaging in heated power struggles with your partner?
Marriage/relationship counseling repairs damage in your relationship due to disappointment, disillusionment, and resentment.
Falling in love is fun and easy. Love that stands the test of time involves attention to beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors in new ways.
Find connection and have fun together again!
does not mean you are a bad match in fact, can be a vehicle for improving your relationship. Turn negative interactions into learning opportunities that dissolve tension and transform your relationship into one that encourages growth, good energy, and reward.
Understand what you can do to put an end to your cycle of frustration so you can enjoy a loving partnership.
Are you wanting to…
- Find feelings of trust, commitment, connection, and romantic love that have escaped your partnership?
- Feel heard, understood, and respected by your partner?
- Explore new sexual experiences with you partner, but you’re afraid s/he will be offended, angry, sad, disinterested or disappointed?
- Consider or improve upon a non-monogamous arrangement?
Emotional connection and physical affection are crucial pieces in a fun-loving, fulfilling partnership.
Enjoy a safe & productive space for exploration & positive growth in your relationship!
Click here and read testimonials from your peers who experienced profound, desired change with their depression, anxiety, relationships, sexuality, marriage, life course, etc. due to their work with AK Counseling, Inc.
Follow AK Counseling Inc. on Facebook for personal growth content in your news feed